- Michelle Suranofsky
- Erin Nettifee
- Patty Wanninger
- Philip Robinson
- Björn Muschall
- Jana Freytag
- Mary E Yokubaitis
- Stefanie Sußmann
- Tom Paige
- Erin has asked Karen Newbery to put out a call to the FOLIO Implementers Group to encourage 2020 participants to send someone to join the UM SIG
- Discussion of how we can communicate work outwards so folks can see what actually is working. No real consensus as to what might be helpful.
Multiple external IDs: https://issues.folio.org/browse/UIU-1036
- Discussion of proposal to add a table to settings, and then have ID info populated in the extended information accordion
- General consensus - people think it's a good proposal, and appropriate.
- Additions – scenario about bulk loading
- Patty will take to Cate to get feedback on User Stories and move into the development process.
Discuss searching user names with diacritics.
- Some Jiras regarding diacritics: https://issues.folio.org/browse/UISE-69
- Jana - colleague gave her feedback about search for "Müller" (w/umlaut) vs "Mueller" / "Muller" etc. and it didn't behave as expected.
- Expect Müller even if you type u, or ue.
- Björn has tried this in their test system, and it seems to work?
- Search is working with a diacritics
- Björn is not sure what is making this work. The records they have have been added manually through the GUI.
- Do you want all the results to come back interfiled? Yes.
- Patty - can we write some test cases with these examples? There is a bugfest coming in a few weeks (Sept 16 - Sept 20). Patty will write test cases for the next bug fest, and talk to Anton about including them.
- Patty will report back to us next week on status of this.
- Our character set - UTF-8
- Shanghai Public Library is joining FOLIO – that's cool.
Protecting User Records
- Rankings right now seem reasonable to people - not sure at Cornell if they use this.
- Uschi might now more about experience with this feature.
- Patty - there's an example from Inventory of how they use data source fields, example, if a record comes from MARC, you can't edit it in Inventory.
- Let's call this "protecting" records rather than "freezing"
- Patty will write user stories about freezing a record.
- mod-user-import-bl and mod-user-import? which APIs are affected
- Michelle suggests thin thread with flag – Patty will focus on that for user story.
Proposed meeting agenda:
- Discuss freezing user records, as brought up in this JIRA ticket: https://issues.folio.org/browse/UXPROD-242
our meeting notes say we should look at this ticket before the meeting.
- Discuss searching user names with diacritics.
- Multiple external IDs: https://issues.folio.org/browse/UIU-1036
Open Topics Requested from Meeting Attendees / POs
|Item||Who||Notes||Discussed Today?||Resolution / Next Steps||Carry topic to next week?|
Search function, esp. names with diacritics (Åäöü)
e.g. last name Müller or Åhman
|Freezing/Protecting User Records||Erin||Y||Needs more discussion outside of context of patron loader / bulk loader.||N|
|Bulk User import||Erin|
from Slack channel
Does anyone know (or can tell me) what the current, supported approach is (or will be) for bulk importing user records? I can see a github for mod-user-import, jiras for that project with comments that ask if that mod is still being supported. |I can see a very old jira (https://issues.folio.org/browse/MODUSERS-3) for bulk-loading that was last updated last year.I can see a very old jira about performance improvements (https://issues.folio.org/browse/MODUIMP-4) that was last updated last
|Patty to ask for info / updates from Ebsco staff while in Sweden next week|
Deleting User Records
(not part of the discussion today)
Discussing the need for deleting patron records (no Jira currently; need for one discussed in comments of https://issues.folio.org/browse/UIU-1079)
|Patty to write user stories|
Searching by specific fields
(not part of the discussion today)
Right now Users has general keyword searching; we will want to be able to search specific fields - IDs, emails, addresses, notes?
Perhaps one of these issues fits:
|Multiple Patron Identifiers|
Additional patron identifiers will not be in the MVP(?). Conversation turns to custom fields and wondering if they are searchable. Will custom fields work for multiple user identifiers?
Patty & Erin will work on users stories for:
Patty will work on stories for: