Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting URL

https://zoom.us/j/488543197

Date

Attendees

Goals

Notetaker: MS

  1. We will wrap up the discussion about statistical fields: https://discuss.folio.org/t/additional-fields-vs-custom-fields-for-statistical-fields-and-codes/
    1. How are statistical fields tracked and audited?
    2. Would the existing Statistical Fields structure coded into the Inventory module work for any of us?
    3. What kind of statistics do we all need to keep?  Would it make sense to have a communal solution for those statistics that we all keep?
  2. Patty can give us an update on things she has been working on, such as
    1. UXPROD-1295 - Users App: Add additional fields to user records,
    2. UIU-1255 - Changing user status to inactive requires expiration date change but no error message appears to tell you that
    3. And any other things she’s been doing.
  3. We should discuss Patron Notes.


If we have additional time:

  • Multiple Phone numbers UIU-254 - Getting issue details... STATUS (Erin)
  • multiple e-mail addresses - There is no JIRA for this? (Uschi)
  • More topics from the Open Topics list

Notes

  • User Notes on the checkout page:
    • Emma (question)  will write a feature for patrons notes on the checkout page.  We are not sure when it will be implemented
  • Statistical fields:
    • Anonymized loans: 
      • Concern is when you anonymize a loan the information that is user identifiable is removed.  We need the statistical category (and a 2nd more specific statistical category) to remain with the loan record after it is anonymized for reporting purposes.
        • This is a really typical use case.  Many libraries will use it.
      • We discussed the possibility of tags filling this need.  Concerns about this:
        • no permission control for tags in MVP
        • patron tags will not be available on anonymized loans
      • We looked at a FOLIO item record (after it was loaned, checked in and anonymized) to try to determine what information stays with an anonymized loan
      • Requirements we decided on:
        • anonymized loans need to retain statistical information about the user
          • patron group
          • statistical information (which we currently do not have)
        • If there are multiple statistical codes for a patron, they all have to be linked to the loan
        • Patty will reach out to Emma about the user story for anonymizing loans/patron info on anonymized loans
          • there is a jira:  UXPROD-2062 - Getting issue details... STATUS
          • Patty will also ask about item loan history.  We wondered what is going on with that feature?
    • Patty demo'd screen shots of what the department and external system ids (3 of them) will look like in the user interface
      • The first of the three external IDs will default to 'external system id'.  It will show up on the UI whether we use it or not.  We can rename all of them.
      • Department name is a repeatable field
    • Patty will ask about the status of the card sorting exercise
    • During our discussion a concern about the size of the fields on the user edit screen surfaced
      • often values are cut off
      • another example is values in drop down boxes that start with the same value and differentiate at the end...hard to see the actual value with smaller fields
      • Patty will work with Edward Merkel to create screen shots.  Patty will report this as a bug.
    • Khalilah Gambrell is reviewing our existing tickets...getting them ready for the dev teams.
    • Patty cannot attend next weeks meeting.

Action items from last meetings

  • (Too strict) Password Rules  MODLOGIN-38 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Patty will talk to Khalilah
    • Can group decide on changes we would like to see?
    • Was password strength covered by the Security Audit - were there requirements there that they were trying to meet?
    • We need password strength checking through the New User process - right now, the new user creation allows any password, and the rules kick in with password change.
      • But, if you create a new user with an empty password, you can then send them a link to create a password and that does follow the rules
    • Do we know where the feature is for tenant level control / customization?
  • Patty will ask Khalilah just to confirm what's being planned for Custom Fields
  • Patty will reach out to Holly to get a sense of what might be possible concerning Notes
  • Patty will create a feature to add validation to the (required) e-mail field
    (see also LIBAPP-94 - Getting issue details... STATUS - but these proposals do not appear to have been implemented.)
  • Patty will file a bug or feature to have Expiration date and Status actually decoupled from each other. (also refering to UIU-1255 - Getting issue details... STATUS )
  • Patty creates a JIRA issue: The field Birth date is not validated, you can enter a date in the future.
  • Patty suggests that Theodor Tolstoy presents the Chalmers SSO solution to us at one of the next meetings. Patty will reach out to Theodor to see about scheduling a time.
  • Patty will file a feature to work on password rules. It's difficult to find out which character combinations are allowed → It's not userfriendly. Proposal: make the password strength configurable
  • UXPROD-242 - Getting issue details... STATUS Patty will ask the CAP plan group for feedback. Erin will work with Patty to write a user story for a "thin thread" v.1 of this - a flag or checkbox on record, that if checked, would cause a record to not be updated.
  • Patty will work on a story for preferred name/preferred pronouns UXPROD-1790 - Getting issue details... STATUS ("New feature")
  • Patty will create a feature request for deleting user data.
  • Patty will ask Magda (the reporter on  UXPROD-1811 - Getting issue details... STATUS ) for a status.  It may not be a UM-SIG issue.

10-23-2019 Action Items

  • Patty Wanninger will report a bug for the fields cutting off values on the user edit screen because the boxes are small.  At a glance, we cannot see the entire value on many of the input boxes.
  • Patty Wanninger will ask about the status of the card sorting exercise
  • Patty Wanninger will look into the item loan history.  We don't see it in the UX currently.
  • Patty Wanninger will reach out to Emma about user statistical categories that need to stay with anonymized loans

Open Topics

ItemWhoNotesDiscussed Today?Resolution / Next StepsCarry topic?

Searching by specific fields

Erin

Right now Users has general keyword searching; we will want to be able to search specific fields - IDs, emails, addresses, notes?

Perhaps one of these issues fits:

UXPROD-1015 - Getting issue details... STATUS

UXPROD-907 - Getting issue details... STATUS (New feature)

UXPROD-869 - Getting issue details... STATUS (Epic)

UXPROD-1941 - Getting issue details... STATUS (new feature)

UIU-1028 - Getting issue details... STATUS (Story)



  • Uschi did additional testing - see notes from 2019-09-11 Meeting notes
  • Erin to discuss with RA SIG requirements for fielded searching
  • Erin to investigate a searching 
  • Patty will create a Feature Request.
Yes; this is not yet resolved.
Pop-ups on user transactionsSteffinotes may be used for communication about users, and pop-ups on user transaction (or displaying of notes) is desired. Khalilah indicated this should be raised as a new feature request.
  • May need to be raised with RA SIG

Deleting User Records

Erin

Discussing the need for deleting patron records (no Jira currently; need for one discussed in comments of https://issues.folio.org/browse/UIU-1079)

UXPROD-291 - Getting issue details... STATUS


  • Patty will make a Feature Request
  • User Stories need to be writtten
  • Topic is also discussed by Reporting SIG

Password validationUschi

refering to Action Item "Create Feature for password rules"

This is the story for the validation of passwords: MODLOGIN-38 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Some of the rules seem to restrict too much. We would like to configure the password strength. See configuration options in the ILS the GBV libraries use now (at the bottom of this page)




Custom FieldsUschi

UXPROD-33 - Getting issue details... STATUS

the tag cap-mvp has been removed, but development goes on


The tag was removed, and this was dropped from the MVP due to capacity (discussed at RA SIG meeting)

We can and probably should review the requirements that Khalilah has generated; they are attached to the master Jira.


Relevant JIRAs we talked about
  • UIU-256 - Getting issue details... STATUS


yes