- Patty Wanninger
- Maura Byrne
- Stefanie Sußmann
- Michelle Suranofsky
- Björn Muschall
- Kimie Kester
- Catherine Smith
Expiration dates for users
- Patty had found a test about an expiration date being automatically set.
- This does not happen right now. You have to do it manually.
- Example - affiliate patron - you would want it to be populated when you selected patron group "affiliate"
- Uschi - their current system has this feature so they would like to have it.
- There is a story - UIU-1022.
- Patty will make a feature and attach a specific story to it. We discussed UIU-1022.
- So would we add a column to the existing patron groups table?
- Quickest thing - but might make the pane pretty long.
- Can one field be enough if people want a number (30 days) or they want a fixed calendar date?
- Might be advantageous to look at existing UI pattern example of fee/fine owners and manual charges, as to how you could accommodate a thing that needed a lot of settings to be associated to a specific thing.
- Uschi - could it be possible to have a feature to renew a patron account that would extend the date?
- Patty will draft a skeleton feature for this and we need to take it to RA for discussion.
Accommodating External System IDs
- Kimie - some schools could have up to 8 to 10 external system IDs.
- Having that many seems like a lot to put in extended information.
- Andrea gave feedback about calling the accordion User IDs and pulling in the FOLIO ID.
- Can we configure it so that only the ones we use would show up? Yes.
- At TAMU, the university ID is also the barcode.
- lots of discussions about what happens when a card is expired.
- would there be a possibility of simply doing this as a table instead? and keeping it all in extended information
- one of the ideas in Users is that view and edit should be as similar as possible. Doing a table would break that design pattern.
- advantage of keeping in a separate accordion and leave styling the way it is is that you could control access with permissions.
- Consensus - keep as separate accordion
- The FOLIO ID should not be included in this accordion, because it's not an external ID.
- Uschi - can the edit screen use more of the white space that's on both sides? It could help with viewing names and email addresses.
- Kimie is going to ping Khalilah about the white space question.
- There is an existing Jira - https://issues.folio.org/browse/UIU-1362