- This ticket is nominally assigned to a dev team, but that dev team isn't aware of it. We should spec out what's necessary for this ticket to get worked on.
- Patty was interested in UM-SIG helping with on-boarding new Folio customers.
- List of questions implementers need to ask themselves
- Avoid needing Folio to support workarounds that libraries developed to manage shortcomings in their present system
- Use UM-SIG meetings to create/smooth out videos for implementers to understand UM module.
- Panel discussions
- Demos of functions
- One recommendation came in for demoing Patron Accounts.
- There was a discussion of Custom Fields that might indicate that that would make a good discussion as well.
- Action item: Patty will give us an example of the kind of discussion we should have at the 10/5 meeting.
- Action item: Maura will invite implementers to attend the SIG meeting on 9/29 to discuss their needs.
- Is there a place where data is used elsewhere?
- The API docs will help with that. Folio's API documentation is a good starting point.
- Using a browser's developer console will also show what data is being queried.
- Can Folio handle a self-checkout machine or program?
- How to ask about that/Where is the right place to start?
- It might be possible to do a direct-to-API function.
- There was a great deal of interest in this question.