|Discuss adding profile pictures ||Amelia |
- UXPROD-38 - Profile pictures
- 100x100 is the suggested sizing of the profile picture - There needs to be mechanism to change the size of the photo (zoom in/out). Need crop and rotate feature. It was suggested to have the picture box set to "fill" on the front-end instead of trying to crop on the backend. Amelia can ask developers to create an in-app cropping feature. We will have a limit on the size of the data that can be uploaded but not on the size of the photo.
- To turn this feature on: "Setting" → "Users" → "General" → click to "enable profile pictures"
- What does "edit profile picture" mean? There is not an edit feature, you can just upload or update.
- How much processing memory does it require? Developers are investigating, determining storage solution they're using for these, needs to be secure storage and will likely will be encrypted.
- Most of the photos would be coming in through a feed.
- Can we link to images stored externally? Certain universities have very strict guidelines on using student photos, so they may not be able to store the photo in FOLIO. They need a way to link out and pull those photos in from that external storage. Thomas volunteered to do a mock up to share. We'd like both methods at the start. Amelia will discuss with developers.
- Amelia and Kimie will meet again.