See the notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DakHW6D5_09uKJPQzCSTwycP0gqkPs6E7k35_KpfCxg/edit?ts=5b3cc555#heading=h.bhrff1obw3hr
Filips iteration 1 of the inventory app: http://ux.folio.org/prototype/en/inventory
Felix Hemme demonstrated the first iteration of the inventory app.
- Title data includes related title information, succeeding title, proceeding title. If we have our own according for the title, then the predecessor and successor could be visualized.
- The group liked this idea. Another type of relationship that was brought up is a print to e version.
- Felix wondered where a link to a related title like this would lead - to the Knowledge Base, to another record in the Inventory, or to the Codex? (Laura) - What is the scope of inventory and what is the cope of codex? Lynn's said in the initial phase of FOLIO Inventory should only include what we own. (Christie) How are we going to identify related titles in the search results? How are we defining that? How does the system know? (Charlotte) - right now a search on title will pull in alternative and related title. (Christie) - One of the services Chicago is working on for their discovery layer is to link print and e resources. However, the data is available in the records.
- Needed: Overview of what "related instances" are. A document with all possibilities is needed.
- A related title is a subset of a related instance. It is a type of related instance. A related instance could be an earlier title. A related title could be a different format of the same work.
- Lynn suggested that the label in FOLIO be generated dynamically, based on indicators and MARC subfields.