Please contact Holly Mistlebauer with questions.
Welcome to FOLIO! Happy developing!
As you follow these steps, please feel free to modify this page as needed. Thanks!
FOLIO On-boarding (for all developers)
- FOLIO Slack channels for real-time chat are available at folio-project.slack.com. Request to join the FOLIO Slack channels here. Use Slack as your primary means of communicating with other developers.
- FOLIO uses Discuss at discuss.folio.org for asynchronous messaging. The Discuss site is a web forum with categories, topics, and posts. Use Discuss for asking questions and recording discussions that require more than a few sentences. Developers may also use Discuss to seek input from the broadest reach of FOLIO participants.
- FOLIO uses JIRA at issues.folio.org for tracking FOLIO tasks and bugs. The account you set in JIRA is the same account you will use in Confluence (our wiki).
- FOLIO uses Confluence at wiki.folio.org to store documents with some permanence. FOLIO Special Interest Groups (SIGs), which are dedicated to specific functional areas or interests within FOLIO, have a space on the wiki, as does this document.
- Check the documentation first
- Then ask for help on Slack
- Then directly contact developer working on area you have issue with–if you know who that is
- Then directly contact dev lead Jakub Skoczen--if you don’t know who is responsible for what yet
website provides on-boarding information for all FOLIO developers. Please take the time to become familiar with the information provided and follow the instructions given.
Additional OLE On-boarding (for developers from OLE partner institutions)
- Become familiar with the OLE website openlibraryenvironment.org.
- Sign up for “ole” and “developers” e-lists at ole-lists.openlibraryfoundation.org (The “ole” e-list is where overall project news and status reports are sent; the "developers" e-list is where Holly Mistlebauer (OLE PM) sends occasional information of importance to the developers only.)
- Email your Google account name to Anne Highsmith and she will arrange for you to have access to the Open Library Foundation Google Drive named OLF_Shared.
- Contact information for individual OLE developers is available here. Please add your name. email address, and phone number if it isn't there already. Note that the names are sorted alphabetically by first name.
- Watch the recording of the FOLIO Forum titled The FOLIO Development Process: It Takes a Community to learn about our approach to development. (The slide deck is available here.)