- Uschi: seems to be important because otherwise users may not receive their notifications.
- It's a good practice to validate
- Björn: Perhaps the tenant settings could be used to determine whether the e-mail field is mandatory or not.
- Uschi: E-mail should not be mandatory as some GBV libraries have patrons without e-mail address.
- Result / Action item: ???Patty will create a feature to add validation to the field.
The fields Status and Expiration date are dependent on each other (Steffi)
- Set Expiration date to future date → Status changes automatically to active
- Set Expiration date to past date → Status changes automatically to inactive
- The meaning (resp. impact) of the field Status is unclear.
- We consider this a bug. The two fields should be able to be filled independently of each other.
- Result / Action item: ???Patty will file a bug or feature to have these actually decoupled from each other.
The field Birth date is not validated (Steffi)
- Proposal: manage the user data incl. password in the campus ID System. Many US universities will intend to do this. Means you don't have to store the password in FOLIO.
- The use of a password reset email and no ability to manually reset in GUI was intentional.
- Uschi: What if the library doesn't use such a system?
- Result / Action item: Patty suggests that Theodor Tolstoy presents the Chalmers SSO solution to us at one of the next meetings. Patty will reach out to Theodor to see about scheduling a time.
Extremely strict password rules (Björn)
- It's difficult to find out which character combinations are allowed → It's not userfriendly
- Example: no two identical letters in a row
- Proposal: make the password strength configurable
- Result / Action item: ???Patty will file a feature to work on this.
CAP plan JIRA issues (Erin)
- Summary of the institution responses to MVP: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19j98iCQs41xIUXLJyArvcZwTKWuCMlZflKYkCHHwdAM/edit?usp=sharing
- Discussing the following Jiras which did not make the CAP plan.
Jira server FOLIO Issue Tracker serverId 6ccf3fe4-3301-368a-983e-20c466b11a49 key UXPROD-1744
The UM SIG agrees that this is not important for MVP.
Jira server FOLIO Issue Tracker serverId 6ccf3fe4-3301-368a-983e-20c466b11a49 key UXPROD-242
Meaning of CAP comment is unclear. Björn: Perhaps if a field is not delivered (=empty), it will not be overwritten. Phil: But you might want to remove a field in FOLIO during import.
- Result / Action item: Patty will ask the CAP plan group for feedback. Erin will work with Patty to write a user story for a "thin thread" v.1 of this - a flag or checkbox on record, that if checked, would cause a record to not be updated.
Jira server FOLIO Issue Tracker serverId 6ccf3fe4-3301-368a-983e-20c466b11a49 key UXPROD-1790
- UXPROD-33 is important for Duke. Was put on hold when the Custom Fields were marked for MVP. But now CF are non-MVP.
- Patty: meanwhile the CF development team was given other tasks. Notes could be used as an alternative to CF.
- Erin: What about the National Library of Florence? They need CF for their FOLIO migration. Consensus - no need for specific reaching out, presumably they are seeing some information we are.
Jira server FOLIO Issue Tracker serverId 6ccf3fe4-3301-368a-983e-20c466b11a49 key UXPROD-259
- can be closed.
- Result / Action item:
- Erin added a comment to
- the Jira since Cate Boerema was the reporter suggesting that it be closed.
- For Q1, only a few issues will be planned; the focus will be on testing, bugfixing and stabilization.
- So we did not identify any issues that needed to go back to CAP plan, other than seeking clarification on UXPROD-242 comment. Erin heard from Holly Mistlebauer after the SIG meeting that she was working on getting feedback on that comment.
User search facilities (Uschi)
- Briefly scanned notes from Uschi and her test results. Erin is hoping to do some additional testing specifically about patrons with short last names.
- Action item - Patty will write a feature about Improving Search in the Users App so that it can be ranked.
- postponed to next meeting