|Minute taker??||Kristen Wilson|
- Meeting Friday, Feb. 9?
- Meeting at ER&L?
| ||Kristen Martin |
Feb. 5 meeting
- ALA is next week, but most people are still available
- Kristen Wilson will chair the meeting in place of Kristen Martin
ER&L March 4-7
- Attendees include Kristin, Kristen, Peter, Eric, and Ann-Marie
- There will be two FOLIO presentations
- We may plan an informal meeting, but there will be not big public event
Madrid Developers Meeting Update from the SIG Expert front
- Tags and Workflows breakout sessions
- Codex and Inventory Search
Martina gave an update about the tags and workflows break out sessions.
- Mainly about technical aspects of the workflow engine, along with a few functional requirements
- There is a need for more use cases across all SIGs
- Also examples of cross-app workflows
- Next step: Filip will do an update of his sketches and present to SIGs
- RM small group will meet again and begin discussing use cases
- Pros — flexible and simple, cons — can be messy without taxonomy
- We need a way manage the tags somehow: delete, relabel, control
- Filip will work on some designs for tag management UI
- Important that tags can be reported on
- Question: Are tags cross-app? Yes
- Acquisitions will be used for a model before the tag system expands
- Question: Will there be one admin area for tags across FOLIO or a separate list within each app? Still TBD
Additional notes and information are located in this Google Drive folder
|E-holdings app update and Demo||Codex search and inventory |
- The e-holdings app is avialable at folio.frontsid.io
- It is available for everyone to use
- UN/PW is admin/admin
- Current functionality includes searching, viewing, selecting, and managing holdings
- Future development includes managing coverage and embargoes, more pagination, search filters, search types (ISSN, publisher, etc.), and security.
- Question: What does the "patron view" toggle control?
- Right now, just visibility on the A to Z list
- There may be a desire to control other displays, such as discovery service, link resolver, etc.
- These can be considered for future work
- Question: Has the the demo site has been integrated with the rest of the alpha?
- Yes, it is in the folio Github repository and the alpha site
- Some features may be a little delayed because they are deployed to the Frontside site first
- Question: will there be a link into the native KB interface?
- Haven’t discussed this yet, but can consider for future development
|Inventory search update and demo||Charlotte Whitt|
- Charlotte gave a demo of the alpha set up, which includes MARC records that have been converted to codex metadata elements
- Can search, filter, view, and duplicate records
- Can add notes to a record and tag a user
- Charlotte will share a discuss post for additional questions and feedback shortly
- Question: Is there a place where we can use this system ourselves?
- Not yet, but devlops is working on it
- Charlotte will share when available
|Codex search update and demo|
- Charlotte gave a demo of the codex search, which searches across a local inventory and a knowledge base
- Right now there is only one KB, but it will be possibility to have multiple KBs
- Each KB would be represented separately
- E.g., EBSCO KB and GOKb
- It will also be possible to have multiple local inventories
- E.g., libraries in a consortium, catalog vs. remote storage
- Can search, filter, view full records
- Question about holdings status: does this refer just to e-resources from KB or print availability?
- Right now it just refers to KB resources
- The terminology for thils filter may be confusing – we need to clarify it's just for the KB
- It may also be useful to have a separate print availability search
- Question: How will FOLIO handle resources that have a KB record and an inventory record
- Sebastian: Codex should be capable of merging two instances that may be the same thing if appropriate metadata exists – we will need to talk more about how to accomplish this
- There may also be possibilities for synchronization between the KB and inventory
- Peter: Stressed that inventory can include print and electronic resources, as well as things like IR, ETDs, etc.
- We may need some integrations between inventory and e-holdings to reduce duplications
- When GOKb is integrated, FOLIO will also need a way to manage holdings, since GOKb doesn't do that natively
- We will need to continue this discussion next week
FOLIO ERM update
- Kirstin put forward a proposal devleop full ERM functionality and integrate it into the FOLIO software and roadmap
- This was original proposed at Madrid and was approved by the Product Council on Feb. 1
- The proposal includes funding for a development team that would include programmers, a product owner, and a UX designer.
- We will also need to pull together functional experts. These will likely include the RM SIG, plus other experts from the German consortia partners
- SIG members should read the full proposal and prepare for more discussion next week.