- Uschi: seems to be important because otherwise users may not receive their notifications.
- It's a good practice to validate
- Björn: Perhaps the tenant settings could be used to determine whether the e-mail field is mandatory or not.
- Uschi: E-mail should not be mandatory as some GBV libraries have patrons without e-mail address.
- Result / Action item: Patty will create a feature to add validation to the field.
The fields Status and Expiration date are dependent on each other (Steffi)
- Set Expiration date to future date → Status changes automatically to active
- Set Expiration date to past date → Status changes automatically to inactive
- The meaning (resp. impact) of the field Status is unclear.
- We consider this a bug. The two fields should be able to be filled independently of each other.
- Result / Action item: Patty will file a bug or feature to have these actually decoupled from each other.
The field Birth date is not validated (Steffi)
- You can enter a date in the future.
- Result / Action item: Patty creates a JIRA issue.
Password reset (Jana)
- Björn: If no e-mail is sent, this is due to missing settings in the server configuration.
- Proposal: manage the user data incl. password in the campus ID System. Many US universities will intend to do this. Means you don't have to store the password in FOLIO.
- The use of a password reset email and no ability to manually reset in GUI was intentional.
- Uschi: What if the library doesn't use such a system?
- Result / Action item: Patty suggests that Theodor Tolstoy presents the Chalmers SSO solution to us at one of the next meetings. Patty will reach out to Theodor to see about scheduling a time.
Extremely strict password rules (Björn)
- It's difficult to find out which character combinations are allowed → It's not userfriendly
- Example: no two identical letters in a row
- Proposal: make the password strength configurable
- Result / Action item: Patty will file a feature to work on this.
CAP plan JIRA issues (Erin)
- Briefly scanned notes from Uschi and her test results. Erin is hoping to do some additional testing specifically about patrons with short last names.
- Action item - Patty will write a feature about Improving Search in the Users App so that it can be ranked.
- postponed to next meeting