- Next meeting - Tuesday, 3/14/23 at 1 pm Eastern
- Orchid bugfest started March 6, please participate if you can
- Friday, March 17 (9 am Eastern) - Discuss Implementers Topics #81
| :03|| PC Updates|| Kristin Martin|| |
- If interested please let Ann-Marie (or anyone involved in Bugfest) know and they will help you get set up.
- Data import - started user testing for data import in a separate environment than Bugfest.
- Ann-Marie Breaux 12:18 PM
And if anyone wants to do the Orders UAT, here's the link to the form, which includes the link to the separate Rancher env. Lots of discussion happening about it on the Slack #data-import channel. https://forms.gle/aUzoiXmQXTwN1fqMA
|:14||Chicago's Invoicing/Voucher Workflow|
- Chicago's Invoicing/Voucher Workflow
- Doesn't have a slide presentation - will be in live in Lotus
- Processes all invoices in folio
- For over 20 years had direct feed into campus financial, it was important to maintain that connection
- Campus will be moving to an Oracle financial management sometime in the next year.
- Sara Colglazier (MHC/5C) 12:20 PM
Scott: Do you Export all Invoices to Accounting?
- darsi rueda 12:28 PM
Do you update the status of the invoice when you’ve sent it to Accounting to get paid? What do you select on and how do you make sure you don’t select it again?
- When an invoice is set out, the disbursement number as pending. The invoice remains as pending (from the API service)until it comes back, Then once they verify everything matches, then it's marked as paid.
- Does the University every pay multiple invoices to a vendor on the same voucher?
- Shelley Doljack 12:34 PM
What field is updated with “Pending”?
- Dung-Lan Chen 12:34 PM
Disbursement number field I think.
- Ann-Marie Breaux 12:36 PM
And speaking from experience at GOBI, it's delightful for GOBI to sort out all the payments from that one big payment! GOBI used to get payments from 40+ acq units at Harvard all smushed into one check. Fun!
- Patrick Daus 12:37 PM
How do you deal with changes in currency exchange rates between recording the invoice and the actual point of payment? Do you have any option to do changes to the invoice?
- Currently wire transfers are entered in the foreign currency. We have to set these up. They go to approved sate until they get the exchange rate back. In folio, you can alter the exchange rate. Then save and pay it.
- Julie Brannon (she/her) 12:38 PM
Do you send any handling instructions to your AP system, such as "pay immediately", and if so, how?
- Current system is very primative. Every thing is set to pay immediately.
- Dennis: Are there other organizations using Oracle?
- Stanford is. We are about to attempt this too.
- darsi rueda 12:44 PM
Happy to share but we’re new at this! I’m not sure how to create an edge module
- Ann-Marie Breaux 12:44 PM
That would be great - if there would be a way to do something shareable - might also depend on how customized the configs in Oracle/Banner can be, and how much they might differ from university to university
- Ann Crowley 12:44 PM
We created our own feed program - mainly because we use a clearing account within our GL system Kuali
- Aaron Neslin 12:45 PM
In general, more edge modules instead of relying on APIs would be a good thing. UMass has a complicated export system for invoices relying on the API
- Julie Brannon (she/her) 12:50 PM
And we still need SFTP or SCP secure transfer for the batch vouchers which hasn't been scheduled yet:
|server||FOLIO Issue Tracker|
- And we still need SFTP or SCP secure transfer for the batch vouchers which hasn't been scheduled yet:
|server||FOLIO Issue Tracker|
Dennis Bridges 12:52 PM
some good news on that front, we have scheduled it for Poppy.