Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.




From Kristin Martin via Slack:

The Product Council will be a holding a meeting on June 1,, at 9:30-11 AM ET. The meeting will be devoted to Data Import. We will have guests from EBSCO discussing how they are investigating and planning to address data import shortcomings. This conversation is an opportunity to gain a shared understanding across the project of the state of Data Import and understand how the problems will be addressed. It brings together excellent work already performed via the Data Import Group, ARLEF, Index Data, and others. There are some documents best read in advance, associated with the agenda. I have tried to include problem documents developed by the Data Import Group and Metadata Management SIG, but please let me know if there are some more I should highlight. Please share with anyone interested.

PC update

PC announcements:

  • 2 new POs User Management Amelia Sutton will replace Patty W; Thomas Trutt from Cornell will be the PO for item states; new development team, MOL (  from Poland will work on MARC templates
  • Duquesne College Library, Albright College library and Notre Dame Law Library are all live and in production
  • Sharon reminded PC that we need a new SIG liaison

Council Reports:

  • Technical Council: finalizing new module approval process documentation; continuing work on browser support and working on being open to using other browser and setting some browser standards(slack channel for browser support); examining how the TC should support technology changes/updates such as JAVA, Kafka, etc.; working on a proposal for CC about have a Developer advocate/coordinator position in the FOLIO project
  • Community Council: reports FOLIO budget is stable and there is a surplus and looking at several proposals to considering using the surplus for: the Developer advocate position, security audit, github work, AWS costs are just some of the ideas; elections open to May 29th; continuing to work on the MOU process 
  • PO report: New POs Amelia Sutton and Thomas Trutt; working on Poppy issues and the development for the Q release; working on Title Level Request still being finalized; Met with Roadmap group led by Jenn Colt and discussed better alignment of JIRA work to accurately reflect the PO work 

Wolfcon sessions suggestions:

  • JIRA and Confluence session; How to effectively use and search both JIRA and confluence; how to build and view dashboards and how best to tag and enter information in JIRA
  • Productivity tips for POs
  • Support and Release management session on bugs and enhancement evaluation
  • Roadmap alignment with release roadmap align dashboards and Kanban and Release digest- Jenn Colt is working on prototypes to help with this discussion
  • Reporting in FOLIO- status of reporting and future of reporting in FOLIO

Reminder June 5th for WolfCon proposal submissions

Diacritics/Special characters demos

FOLIO stores in Unicode and tires to transform everything into UNICODE. Data should be added in that standard, otherwise it can become corrupted.

Lynne Fors : I use the Microsoft Character map. Windows key > search for Character map

Character Map -> “Advanced view” checkbox offers additional useful tools like “Group by”.

Noto Sans Font set:

Raegan Wiechert This is the page I use for alt sequences. Note: alt sequences only work if entered on a keypad. They will not work with the number line at the top of a keyboard.

Felix Hemme : I use this list+search every time I need a complete list of Unicode characters:

Proposal for MARC bib rec templates functionality

View file
nameBibTemplateDecomposition (2).pptx

Presentation attached above. Presented proposal for implementing the MARC bibliographic templates.

The proposal is to create a new "QuickMarc" Settings category, which will group settings that are only for cataloging, including creating templates. Firstly - bibliographic description templates, then authority and holdings templates. Each template will be described with several fields like title and description. Ref: "UXPROD-4247 MARC Bib Templates/Apps / Settings / QuickMarc / Templates"

Persmissions for managing templates will be done as for managing orders. Ref: "UXPROD-4246 MARC Bib Templates/Permission"

Creating a new template can be done in three ways: from scratch, by duplicating an existing template, deriving from existing MARC bibliograhic description. Ref: "UXPROD-4249 MARC Bib Templates/Cataloging - Workflow"

Catalogers will be able to use all templates. For this reason, the functionality of searching through templates using multiple parameters is crucial. Ref: "UXPROD-4317 MARC Bib Templates/Apps / Settings / QuickMarc / Templates / Searching"


  1. Is there a need for creating private templates for your own use?
  2. How to facilitate the search for templates that interest the cataloger? With a "like" function that creates a list of favorites per user? Or maybe by presenting a list "recently used by the user"? Ref: "UXPROD-4324 MARC Bib Templates / Searching / Favorite or Recently used"

Umbrella Jira task:

UXPROD-3939 Bibliographic Templates Support - MARC

Next steps:

MOL Team will prepare mockups to visulalize the proposal and present them next week.