| ||Product Council update|
The product council had a roadmap update from EBSOC's Harry Kaplanian this morning. Anyone can watch a recording of this morning's meeting. There will be a FOLIO Forum on the Roadmap Update. Dracine encouraged everyone to attend sessions on roadmap updates. It is helpful to put our SIG's work into a larger context.
Sebastian suggested that SIG members look at the sprint reviews. There's active work going on for local inventory management.
Dracine offered that there is a link to this in Holly's weekly update.
Inventory UX demo - continued
- folioproject.proto.io and on the discuss channel https://discuss.folio.org/t/instances-ux-iteration-3-english/1271
Discussion/Review of questions Filip posed on the discuss channel. Thanks to everyone who has responded to date!
- Can holdings records be optional?
- Filip asked for more clarity on the answer to this question.
- Sebastian said there was a "furious" discussion among the developers as to whether or not this was needed. That lead to the notion as to whether or not it could be optional.
- Charlotte's understanding is that we are going to go ahead and include holdings and items. These can be hidden if needed, but whether or not that is at an institutional level or can be set for collection areas, is still being discussed.
- If there are cases with no holding records - what situations could that be?
- Jacquie from Duke said they work with holdings on a daily basis.
- Filipe asked whether holdings records need to be done manually, or can an automatic process be put in place.
- Filipe - What would require manual intervention?
- Jacquie - Notes specific to a holding/item need to be manually altered.
- Filipe - What is the most common scenario?
- Jacquie - Error correction or individual creation when a new resource is acquired. For cases of items moving, records need to
- Sarah Schmidt at Duke emphasized that Special Collections at institutions often have to be treated in a special way. This often requires individual attention to the holdings/item record.
- Would you create a new holding record if different locations?
- Would you create a holding record if there is only one item?
- How often do you edit holdings records?
- Should we display holdings records together with the item data?
- How would you relink to different holdings records, if e.g. an item record is moved from on holdings-record to another - by drag and drop ?
- Do holdings data get imported, in other situations than when migration of a collection?
- When editing a holding record, would that preferrably be in MARC format?