- Log into JIRA
- Click on Create to create a new issue
- For "Project" select LDP
- For "Issue Type" select "Task"
- In "Summary" note that this is work on the query(ies) for a specific report (include report name)
- Click Create
- Notify Nassib to assign the task to you
- Nassib also links Link the LDP issue (via the "defines" linkage) to the related REP or UXPROD JIRA issue ("relates to"). The LDP issue "defines" the REP/UXPROD issue.
Build SQL Query
- Create new folder in ldp-analytics/sql to store sql, using the name of the query specified in the wiki page
- If you have any trouble, contact one of the maintainers of ldp-analytics
- Create a file with the query name and the extension ".sql"
- Follow SQL conventions specified in LDP documentation
- Additional tips for SQL:
- Use all-caps for keywords (e.g., "SELECT", "FROM")
- Start new lines for new keywords, items in long lists
- Indent lines with 4 spaces
- Review previous queries for other style conventions