UAT Checklist (feel free to add/revise)
- Define a goal of the UAT.
Define a target audience. (e.g. SMEs/Folks who will use the feature to be tested.) Announce
Determine testing approach (Exploratory? Structured w/ tasks?)
Keep the UAT short and simple. 45 minutes should be the maximum time spent testing.
Test with stable build. Make dev team and folks managing builds aware of UAT time frame. Agree on a timeframe to not deploy additional updates to the testing build OR to maintain test data.
Test your test! And communicate known issues with the build to UAT participants. .
Track browser/OS/device used (if applicable). Helps to identify browser/OS/device specific issues.
- Capture feedback. Provide a document or form for participants to enter UAT feedback.
- Set a deadline for feedback. Ideally 2 weeks is a plenty of time to gather feedback.
- Communicate value. Inform participants how feedback will be used.
- Add to the backlog. Include applicable feedback in future iterations/sprints.
- Present findings to the SIG(s).