- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The SysOps & Management SIG creates a Data Migration Subgroup. The subgroup will be open for participants from other SIGs.
The members of this subgroup are the people who :
- will be doing data migration at their institution
- are in charge of data migration in their functional area (can be a different SIG, a library department etc.)
- are experts in data migration or interested in
|Kathleen Berry||UMass at Amherst|
Uschi Klute Klute
|UMass at Amherst / Five Colleges|
Charge of the Data Migration Subgroup
Areas of concern:
- Adequacy and best practices for data migration
- Migration of data from various currently used Integrated Library Systems (taken from SIG charge)
- acceptable data formats, record types people want to migrate, record layout for a migration record, data formats that the APIs accept
- define where migration is possible and where it is necessary to start over
- test pefomance of the APIs
- Documentation for migration
- Data migration plan, working with various SIGs for SME input. (from SIG charge)
- Specifications for migration tools that have not already been identified for development. (from SIG charge)
Requirements and priorities for module / API creation; set deadlines for readiness of module APIs; find gaps in what the APIs can accomodate and determine what needs to be filled
- Weekly meetings Mondays at 11:00 AM ET (download meeting .ics file)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/204980147
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,204980147# US (New York)
+16699006833,,204980147# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 204 980 147
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ahB0YjQZV
- Mailing list email@example.com; to join the list make a request at https://ole-lists.openlibraryfoundation.org/.
For more information about the Resource Management SIG, contact the Data Migration Subgroup convener, Ingolf Kuss.
Recent space activity