Statement for FOLIO LSP
The FOLIO Development Community and FOLIO Community members are committed to ensuring FOLIO Library Service Platform (FOLIO LSP) is accessible to all library workers, including users with sensory, cognitive, and mobility disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards improves the usability for all users.
Measures to support accessibility
FOLIO takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of FOLIO LSP:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Provide a discussion forum for accessibility considerations
- Include FOLIO community members in testing practices
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. FOLIO LSP is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard however FOLIO LSP strives to fully conform to the standard through continuous assessment and development
Non-accessible content is documented on our accessibility dashboard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of FOLIO LSP. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on FOLIO LSP:
- E-mail: http://ole-lists.openlibraryfoundation.org/a11y-sig
- Slack: https://folio-project.slack.com/archives/C96DDV0Q7
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
FOLIO LSP is designed to be compatible with Google Chrome browser. The following assistive technologies are compatible when using Chrome browser on Windows OS:
FOLIO LSP is compatible with macOS, Safari, and VoiceOver. However, Safari is not a supported browser by the FOLIO community.
Accessibility of FOLIO LSP relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on user’s computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The accessibility of FOLIO LSP is assessed by the following approaches:
- Community testing
- Quality assurance process is conducted throughout the design and development
Accessibility is assessed against WACG 2.1 AA. Accessibility is part of the definition of acceptance criteria for a feature.
User Testing Reports
The community has developed the following aids to assist developers and product owners in assessing accessibility:
Accessibility issues are monitored and reported through Jira. Current issues are available on the accessibility dashboard.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by: FOLIO Technical Council
Complaints or issues should be reported through the FOLIO support process (https://wiki.folio.org/display/SS/Production+Libraries+-+Reporting+Bugs+to+the+Support+SIG).
- This statement was created on 13 October 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.
- Approved by FOLIO Technical Council 21 April 2021
- Moved from Google Docs to FOLIO Wiki 21 December 2022