- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This site holds documentation about the FOLIO project in general and the work of the Special Interest Groups.
For more information on the Open Library Environment and the Open Library Foundation and their relationship to FOLIO, see FOLIO Organizational Relationships.
FOLIO Communication Spaces
There are several avenues for keeping up with FOLIO development. Join the community at https://www.folio.org/ and sign up for the “Community Updates” for a monthly newsletter with updates and events announcements. For a weekly, more detailed, update of activities sign up for the “ole” list at https://ole-lists.openlibraryfoundation.org/. You can browse this wiki without signing up but to participate via the wiki you must first sign up for issues.folio.org, then use the same login information here. Details for these and other options may be found on the FOLIO Communication Spaces page.
- Calendar of FOLIO SIG Meetings
- FOLIO Roadmap
- FOLIO Development and Milestone Plan (v1 document)
- Community Resources
- FOLIO Graphics and Branding Resources
- Glossary of Terms
FOLIO Product Council
The FOLIO Product Council, also called the SIG of SIGS, will act on behalf of the OLE Community and FOLIO partners to express and champion priorities in the development of the FOLIO Library Service Platform, and ensure the relevance and cohesiveness of the FOLIO project.
Special Interest Groups
A Special Interest Group (SIG) consists of practitioners from libraries and services providers that are interested in contributing to a specific functional area of the FOLIO platform. The currently active SIGs are:
|Spaces by category|
|Spaces by category|
Representatives from several SIGs have formed the FOLIO Codex/Data Model Working Group to explore the functional aspects and possibilities of this new data model.
How to join in the work of a SIG
SIGs are open to anyone, and details about each SIG can be found at the links above. Once there, look for these places to participate:
- The SIG's public discussion category on Discuss. Look for the "Communications Channels" in the SIG's home page right sidebar.
- The SIG's Slack channel. More information on joining Slack, see the FOLIO Communications Spaces document.
- Most SIGs hold a periodic meeting on Zoom. Look for the "Meetings" heading in the SIG's home page right sidebar.
- Contact the SIG's convener(s). Look for the "SIG Convener" heading in the SIG's home page right sidebar.
Creating a SIG
FOLIO Special Interest Groups can be created by anyone. See the Special Interest Groups page for more information.
This Week in FOLIO
Recently updated wiki pages