Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Group NameGoal(s)Date Started

Target End Date

Next Check-in

Expected EffortOwnerMembersMeeting Time / LocationWiki
Technical Council Goals/Objectives
  • Further refine the Technical Council Goals & Objectives - DRAFT document into a concise set of TC goals, initiatives, and objectives. 
  • Have the necessary discussions about the topics where questions were raised
  • Incorporate additional elements from the Architectural Blueprint, and other places

Deliverable:

  • Goals, objectives, and initiatives are captured on the wiki - broken down by short/mid/long, or by quarter, or ...?

 

 

(Pain Points delivered earlier) 


 

1 hour meeting time

1 hour offline work



Translations Subgroup

Describe an approach for back-end modules to handle translation of runtime values, i.e. values attached to UUIDs and persisted in storage. This may include evaluation of TCR-9, or an RFC describing that or approach or an alternative.

August 2022December 2022?

 

1-2 hours/weekWednesdays, 8 ET/12 UTC, Slack#tc-i18nTBD
Controlling AWS Hosting Costs

Create and publish processes that bring visibility to the project's AWS costs, provide a mechanism for approving major changes to AWS usage, and eliminate unnecessary spending. See expected deliverables.

 

TBD - ongoing effort

As needed. 

1 hour meeting every 2 weeks; 3 hours/week outside meetingTBDControlling AWS Hosting Costs subgroup
Breaking Changes

Goals:

  • Clarify what constitutes a "breaking change"
    • At the module level
    • At the interface level
    • etc.
  • Clarify if breaking changes can be "batched" into a single version bump.
  • Figure out how operational changes and breaking changes are communicated... via semver?  release notes?  both?  something else?

Deliverables:

  • RFC
  • ADR

 

 

 

1-2 Hours / WeekTue, 11am ET (3pm UTC)TBD
Improve the TCR Process
  1. Gather thoughts on areas that can be improved
    1. Via a retrospective
    2. Ensure that multiple perspectives are included, submitters and reviewers
  2. Align the template and the acceptance criteria
  3. Make clarifications to the process and acceptance criteria
  4. Ensure the rationale behind the TCR process has been effectively communicated
  5. Investigate:
    1. Is the criteria too exclusive?
    2. Is the process, either in design or implementation, transparent and communicative enough?
    3. Does this process allow for communication with all appropriate stakeholders?
    4. Is the process sufficiently collaborative? Is it too oppositional?

Deliverables:

  • Updated process documentation
  • Updated acceptance criteria
  • Updated review template

 

 

 

1 hour meeting time

1 hour offline work



Tech Council Charter Revisions

Goals:

  • Identify inaccuracies/discrepancies in the document as it currently stands (in particular in light of the Governance changes)
  • Identify gaps and/or improvements 

Deliverables:

  • Draft revision of the TC charter for review by the rest of the group

 

 

 

1 hour meeting time

1 hour offline work



ADR process improvements

Goals:

  • Review the action items identified during the ADR retrospective and make the necessary process improvements

Deliverables:

  • Updated documentation, templates, etc.

 

 

 

1 hour meeting time

1 hour offline work



Kafka Partitions RFC

From: RFC Process

  • A subgroup is formed (must-have community/TC members who are experts in the area addressed by the RFC)
  • The subgroup works with the submitter to refine the RFC by providing feedback
  • The submitter will be responsible for resolving all the conversations in the PR
  • TC will review the draft when it is ready
  • Any member of the TC will merge the PR in its current state to advance the PR to the next stage after ensuring that all conversations have been marked as resolved
  • TC votes to advance the RFC to the next stage

 

 

 

TBDTBD

Distributed vs Centralized Configuration
  • An RFC (and eventual DR) 

Details TBD

 

TBD

 

TBDRadhakrishnan Gopalakrishnan (Vijay) 

Architecture Review Subgroup

TBD...

  • From 12/7 meeting notes:  Create a new subgroup that deal with taking stock of the current architecture


TBD - on hold until some other subgroups wrap up.

TBD

 

TBD

Craig McNally 

Tod Olson 

Anyone else?



...