- Aaron Trehub, Angela Zoss, Anya Arnold, Boaz Nadav-Manes, Brooks Travis, Charlotte Whitt, Felix Hemme, Gang Zhou, Harry Kaplanian, Ian Walls, Ingolf Kuss, James Fuller, Jesse Koennecke, John Ballestro, Kirstin Kemner-Heek, Kristin Martin, Martina Schildt, Martina Tumulla, Maura Byrne, Noah Brubaker, Owen Stephens, Paul Moeller, Sharon Wiles-Young, Stephanie Buck, Tiewei Liu, Tod Olson, Stephanie Buck
|5 min||Announcements||Kristin Martin|
Brooks Travis: position announcement: Senior FOLIO Implementation Consultant at EBSCO. Product Council will need to look at the balance of elected members.
Position opening at Index Data: FOLIO Services Analyst
New Long Term Support Release (PC volunteer opportunity)
|55 min||SIG Conveners|
See updates below
|10 min||SWOT Analysis revised report||Anya Arnold|
PC members: review for next week's meeting, when we can have a more detailed discussion about the report and decide what we want to do
|10 min||Brief update on Ranking/Prioritization Group||Martina Schildt|
Update on work of group: introduction to new confluence page. Feel free to add issues, and when you do please add your name so the group can get back to you for further discussion. There is also a table that describes How do other ILS systems handle prioritization; please add your knowledge to that page as well.
Goal of conversation: Informational
|10 min||Future Topics||All|
Terms for PC members: need to determine how is one or two year term
SIG Convener Updates
Acquisitions (Martina Schildt)
- Susan Martin is stepping down as the ACQ SIG convener; last day is January 25th
- New convener: Dung-Lan Chen, Skidmore College
- EDIFACT order user acceptance testing - planned for January 18-20 - will be announced on Slack
- Continuation: Display a history of edits for the order record
- Discussion around canceling orders, checking of use cases for "un-canceling an order or order line
- Editing subscription dates after an invoice is paid.
ERM (Martina Tumulla & Martina Schildt)
- ERM SIG discussed another implementer topic: Copying agreement line information
- Owen gave a demo on the functionality delivered with Kiwi and deliverables for Lotus
- Emma Raub is writing the documentation for most of the ERM apps; volunteer to write documentation for Local KB Admin + ERM Comparisons is Felix Hemme
Open Access (Björn Muschall) - not present
- Discussed the recording of Correspondence relating to Open Access Publication request
- Demonstration / Development status update
User Management (Maura Byrne)
- We determined what we would like to see in a “count of active borrowers report.” Once discussion was finished, we decided it was more appropriately a feature for RA-SIG.
- PO discovered that, while we got a “preferred first name” field to be part of the user record, and that the preferred first name does indeed show up when circulating items to the user, we never asked to have it included in the user record itself. We now have a JIRA ticket for this, and have agreed to write some user stories for related issues (such as display of preferred pronoun and display of honorifics.
- We clarified some definitions of terminology for documentation.
Resource Access (Jana Freytag)
- Permission presentation by Erin Nettifee: https://wiki.folio.org/display/RA/2021-12-09+Resource+Access+Meeting+Notes
- TLR Update by Steph Buck
- Hold Shelf Expiration Date Should Respect Closed Library Dates
- German reminder fees
- Actual Cost for lost items
- Recap 2021 and a look at what we would like to see in 2022
Reporting (Angela Zoss)
- Starting to ramp up efforts to transition from LDP to Metadb. Metadb hasn’t had a public release yet, but we’re targeting Lotus for a first set of updated queries
- Have a group of new library staff from Stanford interested in joining our working groups, which will be a good excuse to work on our onboarding process and internal documentation/training
- Angela still needs to follow up: we have had some discussions about changes to FOLIO app data models that have an impact on reporting. We have seen situations where these changes don’t seem to be made with SME input and are not announced, which can cause breaking changes in reports. In many situations, reporting would prefer advanced warning of proposed changes to give a chance to weigh in or at least to be able to plan updates to reports that rely on these data elements. Discussions are happening in MM right now because of recent changes to SRS. This has also been mentioned to TC and Khalilah offered to think more about it, but we know that this issue affects reporting, API usage, app interactions, etc., so we would love to see more discussion about this amongst the governance groups.
- Ongoing reminders for all FOLIO Participating Institutions
- Reporting SIG is always recruiting new subject matter experts and report developers. Please contact Angela if you have staff who would be a good fit for reporting.
Metadata Management (Felix Hemme, Raegan Wiechert)
- Michelle Futornick and Jeremy Nelson from Stanford joint MM SIG and presented the current status of the Sinopia-FOLIO integration (“Sinolio”). The Sinolia RDF metadata is mapped and converted to FOLIO JSON and pushed into Inventory. The team will keep the MM SIG informed on the project progress.
- Khalilah presented on the call number and subject browse support for Lotus
- Charlotte gave an update on Inventory development plans for Kiwi and the upcoming releases Lotus and Morning Glory
Consortia (Noah Brubaker)
- Continuing work to identify functionality for consortia admin tool and consortia admin role
- Mapping desired functions to associated SIGs and identifying liaisons and planning to extend invitations for other SIG conveners or representatives to join focused discussions
- Received an excellent overview of the work of the Bulk Edit group by Magda Zacharska
- Beginning to provide consortia input on functionality to Bulk Edit group
Accessibility (Beth German)
SysOps (Ingolf Kuss)
- Log4shell issue.
- Dec/11: Initial mitigation: add command line switch for the Java command to add the Java option log4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true to all our Java deployments in our FOLIO environments
- Dec/21: Okapi v4.11.1 with log4j 2.17.0 has been released. It protects Okapi and all modules where Okapi proxies requests to. Modules don't need to upgrade from log4j 2.16.0 to log4j 2.17.0, because Okapi filters out those invalid requests so that they don't reach the modules.
- Talking about a “platform-minimum” approach
- encourage modularity and clean dependencies (moving towards independently-installable Apps)
- reduce dependency on single-server install method. Build towards docker-compose or helm deployment without manual intervention.
- A one-Click installation on-premise (Kubernetes based)
- audiences: vendors, developers, possibly folks outside the library world
- Use-cases: test environment, dev environment (not a point for production environments)
Implementers (Ian Walls)
Ian Walls has taken over as convenor for the calendar year 2022. His vision for the group:
- Focus on asynchronous discussion (via Slack) rather than synchronous discussion (via Zoom). A minimum of 1 in-person meeting per month.
- Work closely with other key groups, such as: data migration, sysops, support SIG, documentation.
- Create a searchable archive of answers to community questions (a la StackOverflow or LibAnswers)
Support (Anya Arnold and Debra Howell)
Privacy (Carsten Schwill and Adam Chandler)
- SIG met Tuesday.
- Charge approved by PC, no objections from TC
- Beginning work to tidy the “PERSONAL_DATA_DISCLOSURE” documents in the code repositories, including ensuring that this file exists and has been updated recently.
Public Library (Adam Murray)
App Interaction (Martina Schildt)
- Update and Inventory demo by Charlotte on the latest Inventory functionality as well as plans for the next releases:Minutes + Charlotte's slides
- Interest to use Elastic search in other apps
- Continue cross-app search discussion
- Data Sync: discussion on how much time data is okay to be not in sync
- Differences per use case
- Feedback from SIGs would be helpful - in preparation
- Demos on plans for the edit log in orders by Dennis and the circulation log by Steph
- Options to adopt functionality in other apps
- Will be continued
- Privacy aspects will be discussed as well
Saved Zoom chat
09:33:40 From Charlotte Whitt to Everyone:
09:33:56 From Anya to Everyone:
Washington College is Live on FOLIO Jan 5
09:35:28 From Anya to Everyone:
09:36:11 From Ian Walls to Everyone:
not to be confused with Washington & Jefferson College, also in PA
09:37:15 From Peter Murray to Everyone:
Open position announcement: https://www.indexdata.com/index-data-seeks-a-folio-services-analyst/ (also added to the minutes)
09:37:42 From Anya to Everyone:
That is great !!
09:37:50 From Brooks Travis to Everyone:
Australia has timezones that are +9:30, +10:30 and +8:45 �
09:39:21 From Ian Walls to Everyone:
we just need to get McMurdo Library in Antarctica, and we'll have the whole set of continents!
09:39:30 From Kristin Martin to Everyone:
09:40:21 From Brooks Travis to Everyone:
I wish I had the bandwidth
09:45:17 From Owen Stephens to Everyone:
If there are any questions in relation to that Open Access status update you can ask me as well
09:46:00 From Felix Hemme (ZBW) to Everyone:
Can you put the link in the Slack channel description as well?
09:46:45 From Anya to Everyone:
09:47:35 From Ian Walls to Everyone:
I just realized that as the new convener of Implementors, I'm on the hook to report
09:47:40 From Ian Walls to Everyone:
and I need to leavea t the top of hte hour
09:48:37 From Tod Olson to Everyone:
Through the miracle of lazy consensus!
09:52:28 From Maura Byrne to Everyone:
+1Kristin and Ian.
09:58:34 From Tod Olson to Everyone:
Something similar wrt API changes came up in #development recently.
09:59:07 From Sharon Wiles-Young to Everyone:
Got to run to another meeting Thanks for the updates and good news on new migrations!
09:59:23 From Jesse Koennecke (he/him) to Everyone:
I'm sorry I am late. My calendar entry seems to have shifted to 10:00 Eastern start time. I suppose I should fix that.
09:59:34 From Tod Olson to Everyone:
I must also run, thank you everyone.
09:59:37 From Anya to Everyone:
Whew I am off the hook
10:05:07 From Steph Buck to Everyone:
Beth has been trouble shooting TAMUs go live this week
10:19:19 From Owen Stephens to Everyone:
Next week sounds good