|Attendance & Notes||Angela|
Attendance & Notes
- Today's attendance-taker: Linda (or substitute)
- Today's note-takers: Team Leads for project updates
Schedule for December
- cancelling December 21 development team meeting and December 26 SIG meeting
One convener is great, but two is better!
- Happy to announce that Sharon Beltaine will begin serving as co-convener (again!) in January. Thanks so much, Sharon!
Any new members?
- Would anyone like a buddy? Like to be a buddy?
How to find our latest recordings
(Always) Recruiting New Query Developers
- The Reporting SIG is always on the look-out for new query developers. Please let us know if you are interested in doing query development or if there are others at your institution who might be a good fit.
|Update on documentation of derived tables||Stefan, Axel|
- Axel and Stefan have met to talk about automating documentation of derived tables
- Stefan created a script to extract comments and tables from the derived table scripts
- Would like to automate diagrams for these tables, but it could be tricky. Have to parse the SQL to extract the tables and the joining fields.
- In Monday SIG, we decided diagrams would really be helpful if possible
- today in RM/ERM, there were some questions about how we designed the derived tables, why are some separate
- maybe this documentation will help us think more systematically about the derived tables across all areas
- diagrams are hard to automate, but if it was something we had to do manually, that would be pretty tricky
|Review of In-Progress Projects|
|Updates and Query Demonstrations from Various Reporting Related Groups and Efforts||Community & Coordination, Reporting Subgroup Leads|
Reporting development is using small subgroups to address priorities and complete work on report queries. Each week, these groups will share reports/queries with the Reporting SIG. Reporting development team leads are encouraged to enter a summary of their work group activities below.
RA/UM Working Group
MM Working Group
- Meetings are 1st Tuesday of the month, 12-1pm ET via zoom using the usual FOLIO password. Our lab sessions are open to everyone. Please bring your questions, examples, and comments about reporting and metadata. MM notes
- We will be fixing the LDP derived table instance_ext.sql which has a duplicate field (record_source and instance_source). The column record_source will be removed and comments will be added to the derived table.
- If you are able to test ldpmarc 1.6 new release, please do so.
ERM Working Group
RM Working Group
Reporting SIG Documentation Subgroup
- Morning Glory documentation is live on https://docs.folio.org/docs/
- Nolana documentation is in review
- Orchid documentation will be in progress soon, and plans are underway to include beta-level documentation for Metadb
- Additional Context
- The Reporting SIG has representation on the Documentation Working Group, which is building end-user documentation for https://docs.folio.org/docs/ (mostly linking to existing documentation over on GitHub)
External Statistics Working Group
- no updates currently
- new organizational/tracking scheme for JIRA, with pointers to queries in folio-analytics repository
- New organizational structure for External Statistics reports
- external statistics reports (e.g., ACRL) typically require running queries from different functional reporting areas
- these reports will be captured in JIRA under one UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issue, then the descriptions will point to each of the queries required to run them on the folio-analytics repository
- institutions will need to rank each of these 8 new UXPROD-XXXX report cluster issues
- each reporting development team will take responsibility for the queries in their area for the external statistics clusters
For all recent work on FOLIO Reporting SQL development:
|Topics for Future Meetings||All|
- How to deal with External Stats reports?
- maybe subteam leads check in about that
- probably wait until after Metadb conversion is more complete
- Exploring new recruitment/onboarding strategies (e.g., buddy system)
- More work on asynchronous collaboration, how to engage in discussions and question answering more broadly
- consider connecting discuss.folio.org with a Slack channel, to make sure any forum topics get highlighted on Slack as well?
- Open question: should we update FOLIO LDPLDP1-based Reporting First Implementers Grid
- Cleaning up our wiki pages
- Monday, Dec 12: update on documentation of derived tables
- January: tips on querying date fields from Sharon and Joanne
- talk about preparation for Metadb: do institutions have questions? is there anything we should be working on to try to support them?
Review and update Topics for Future Reporting SIG Meetings