Goal: For each release, to identify and communicate any software changes that, without human intervention, may impact library operations.
- Capture changes system administrators need to be aware of (whether they work for a library or a hosting provider)
- When in doubt - add! The key is that we don’t want to miss anything.
- Each item should tag a person (developer, PO etc.) who can be contacted if there are questions
- Draft release notes page will be created on the wiki at the beginning of each development quarter
- Add notes anytime
- POs and team leads are responsible for adding relevant items to release notes during the development period
- System administrators may discover gotchas when upgrading tenants - please share what you learn!
- Anyone with knowledge of an issue is encouraged to contribute to this page
- If you aren't sure whether you should add an issue, reach out to the relevant PO, tech lead or system administrator
- How (Draft)
- The following is the proposed formate for writing an important upgrade consideration
Each app should Maintain its own table.
Use this space to list specific types of issues that should always be included.
- Was a new staff slip added? If a migration script was NOT created for it (ideally one would have been), the team should clearly note that a new staff slip has been added