This feature covers ability to move attached records and maintain existing relationships. When moving holdings to another instance, all associated items have to be moved as well. Bulk moving items and holdings. Ease of linking/relinking bib/holdings/item data. Part of the refined UX design of Inventory. Drag and drop is one possible solution.
Connections between items, instances, holdings.
Possible scenarios and implementation:
1) Move item(s) between holdings
Changing of each moved item with new item.holdingsRecordId.
2) Move holdings with item(s) to another instance
Changing of each moved holding with new holding.instanceId.
3) Move selected item(s) to a holdings in another instance
This case looks the same to 1). Changing of each moved item with new item.holdingsRecordId.
Bulk operation approach
The UI-client sends a move request to endpoints POST /inventory/items/move or inventory/holdings/move API. The mod-inventory processes this request, retrieves each item/holding from item/holdings-storage, prepares a request for each item/holding update and sends it asynchronously to tstorage. The mod-inventory waits for all responses from mod-inventory-storage to be completed and populates a response. In case of errors in some of the updating requests in the mod-inventory-storage, the mod-inventory returns a response containing a list of errors for not updated items/holdings.
|inventory.items.move.item.post||Move||201 CREATED||Move items to new holding|
|POST||inventory/holdings/move||inventory.holdings.move.item.post||Move||201 CREATED||Move holdings to new instance|
1) Send move request (it contains id of holding to which items should be moved and items ids).
2) Send GET items collection form item-storage.
3) Update retrieved items with new item.holdingsRecordId and send asynchronously update request to item-storage for each item.
4) Wait all responses, populate errors if some of request failed.
5) Return response to UI client.
6) Send move request (it contains id of instance to which holdings should be moved and holdings ids).
7) Send GET holdings collection form holdings-storage.
8) Update retrieved holdings with new holding.instanceId and send asynchronously update request to holdings-storage for each holding.
9) Wait all responses, populate errors if some of request failed.
10) Return response to UI client.
|to||UUID||true||Unique identifier of instance/holding to which holdings/items to be moved|
|ids||Array<UUID>||true||Array of holding/item unique identifiers which will be moved to the new instance/holding|
Business logic algorithm for mod-inventory: