The working group with representatives from the Resource Access SIG, Resource Management SIG, and Metadata Management SIG will work on UX and spec of the long term solution for UI/UX improvements of
- Search and filter using Elastic Search (1st pane)
- Result list (2nd pane)
- Navigational bar, and display of instance (3rd pane)
- and other UI tweaks spec'ed by the working group, e.g.
- display of data in the Instance, title accordion
This work will also include previous spec'ed improvements of the Multi column list (MCL) in 2nd pane, with additional information.
See more in:
- UXPROD-1634 (index title/title)
- UXPROD-2667 (sort on contributor, when more than one contributor is listed)
- UXPROD-2668 (Adding instance HRID)
- UXPROD-2669 (Adding resource type)
- UXPROD-2670 (Adding format)
- UXPROD-2671 (Adding edition)
- UXPROD-2703 (Adding publication date)
Slide deck with UX Mockups for hierarchical display on Inventory app (7/26/2021)
The working group will start out May 2021.
Working group members:
|Index Data||Product owner, Inventoryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|@Thomas Trutt||Cornell||RA SIGemail@example.com|
|@Tim Kiser||MSU||RA SIGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sue Reichling||Missouri State||RA SIG, specialized in music email@example.com|
Lead PO, and
RM SIG, and
App Interaction SIG, convener
|@Jesse Lambertson||Chicago||RM SIG and MM SIGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cornell||MM SIG, email@example.com|
Some early UX work for the hierarchical display and navigation bar (See: UXPROD-491).
Below is shown UX mock ups created by Filip Jakobsen, showing the envisioned implementation of refined UX-design for Inventory: