Identify the status of all related orders for a specific title requires too many clicks if user needs to navigate to Holdings.
- Identifying what other users/units have order the instance already.
- For someone with only cataloging permissions it can be difficult and time consuming to retrieve acquisition information from ACQ apps.
Instance - Use Cases & Requirements:
Include a column for Order status
Include a column for Location
|Include a column for Acquisition unit|
|POL number is hyperlink. Clicking it takes user to the POL view in the orders tab of the orders application|
Include column for Date ordered
Include column for Order type
Include column for Receipt date
Item - Use Cases & Requirements:
POL number is hyperlink. Clicking it takes user to the POL view in the orders tab of the orders application
|Include column for POL Receipt Status|
|Receipt status of the POL may not indicate that the actual piece related to this item has been marked as received.|
|Generally there are other data points at the item level that clearly communicate which group is responsible for an item. Location, holding etc.|
|Include column to Display Vendor code|
I may have items on the same instance ordered through different vendors
|Include column for Subscription Y/N|
Investigating whether this was a firm order or a standing order. Helpful to see Subscription Y/N so that user knows whether an ongoing order is a standing order vs. subscription. This may change the way they follow up on the order.
|Include column for "Piece Receipt date"|
|When viewing the item it would be helpful to see when something has been received. Specifically that item not the POL in general. This also implies whether it is expected or not.|
|Provide hyperlink to the receiving history|
|To make it easier to access receiving information and confirm what other "Pieces" have been received. Prevent the need for users to go and run a separate search in the receiving app|
- Display Acquisition accordion on Instance record
- Populate accordion with order information from all POLs that contain a reference to that instance. Ie. All POLs connected that that instance
- Display Acquisition accordion on Item record
- Populate accordion with order information from Piece that contains a reference to that Item.
Questions for Users:
Questions for Vendors:
Questions for Developers:
Work Breakdown Structure: