Review and feed-back from the MM-SIG on planned new work (Nolana R3 2022):
- Back-end is available in snapshot, access via Query Search or All for admin notes. See example on wiki search page.
- https://github.com/folio-org/mod-search (search "notes" to jump down to relevant information in readme)
UIIN-942Getting issue details...
UIIN-943Getting issue details...
UIIN-944Getting issue details...
- Adding admin notes to all. (UIIN-2053 to search specifically admin notes).
- In ticket, green check means they have been implemented.
- No objections.
- Would like to group these search options by type. Instance notes would go after subject area of instance (e.g. Classification).
- Groupings make sense.
- Some feedback that the notes should go above subjects. Some think fine as is. About 50/50
- Trying to keep aligned across all three types. This is most important.
- Charlotte will review with this in mind.
UIIN-2053Getting issue details...
- Underlying mod-search not done yet.
- Idea: implement like stat codes - search within the giving segment. e.g. not across all three.
- Laura: Yes. Likely to use admin notes in different ways in holdings vs. instance.
UIIN-945Getting issue details...
- Question: do we want to distinct between search on public and staff only notes (or can this be part of Advanced search)?
- Do you want to distinguish between check-in/check-out note?
- Laura: Having all in one group for simple search sounds good.
- Jennifer Eustis: Would circ staff need to have them separate?
- Charlotte will also ask RA SIG.
- Please also ask your circ folks and report to Charlotte.
UIIN-2061Getting issue details...
UIIN-2060Getting issue details...
Re. Instance segment, Call number - see question/comment from Rita Albrecht on Re: Search - using Elasticsearch (Kiwi and later releases) (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
- "eye readable" = as entered
- "normalized" = ignoring spaces, special characters etc.
- just "Call number" = item effective call number
- Will also be moved above Query Search
- Question: should this be more explicit and use the language of the item drop down? "Effective call number (item)"